Sunday 29 March 2020


Agravity Boys 15: This is a good idea – get the guys back in time to mix things up and keep it from being a sitcom with everyone trapped together. I’m sure they’ll be set up to fail, though, and it will default to what we’ve already seen. After watching so much Red Dwarf I feel like I’m on very familiar ground here. The chapter itself was possibly the least funny so far, though. Still loving the series, though.
Haikyuu!! 388: putting all the aging-up that I still dislike aside, it is so great to see Kageyama against Hinata. The seriousness of their rivalry and the silliness of their little exchanges at the net. Kageyama in particular is so straightforward with letting his emotions show. It’s really quite sweet.
Chainsawman 64: wow. I do prefer the series when it’s being less confusing, but letting loose with the surrealism allowed for some incredibly striking imagery. I wonder how our little gang can get out of this. I’m doubting they’ll manage it unscathed. And I quite like some of the more interesting adversaries in the arc having to work with our protagonist.
Dr Stone 145: a bit of an odd aside here, but I do enjoy everything Francois does, with that impeccable perfection that defines the character. I really like the character designs here, and Francois’ androgyny is pretty perfect. I liked how Ukyo looked in this chapter, too. At some point I should watch more of the anime adaptation.
Majo no Moribito 9: yup, super generic. Nice art, though. And at least it’s not looking likely to be a drawn-out training arc. I really don’t have much faith in this going anywhere much, though. Perhaps it will soon follow Samurai 8.
The Promised Neverland 173: So Ratri’s dumb sub-arc ends with a dumb gesture and some flashbacks. Not very impressed by this whole abortive diversion. Yes, it’s interesting to see his relationship with his brother, that key figure in the shadows from earlier in the series, but this felt more like cutting off an inconvenient plot strand than genuine development.

No comments:

Post a Comment