Monday 9 March 2020

One Piece 973: Some final clean-up. Hopefully this doesn’t lead to yet more flashback. Seems unlikely, though. I’d probably have been more impressed by the revelations of this-current-character-was-that-past-character if I’d been more engaged by this whole storyline. But frankly I want it to be over and to get back to the main story!
Agravity Boys 12: oh man, I hope we get an anime of this show. This was a wonderful, old-fashioned, unoriginal but perfectly-done comedy of errors. I absolutely loved how it unfolded even if I knew Grislow would pass out from the start. Chris having his own misunderstandings about Grislow’s behaviour was also hilarious, and that terrible sight when he woke up had me laughing out loud.
Dr. Stone 142: Off to America, eh? This rocket plan did seem absurd logistically, but now they’re going to revive most of the world’s population? I do wonder how this will develop – and presume it won’t go exactly as described. I suspect things would just get much too complex if they did. But certainly I’m curious about what’s to come with this reliably fun series.
Chainsawman 61: old man Kishibe is so cool. This series can definitely do stylish when it wants to. Characters are so well-sketched so fast. Interested to see what happens next.
Haikyuu!! 385: Yeah, it’s pretty inspiring to say that Hinata could through his sheer will, talent and skills earn his place at the highest level but it still doesn’t really seem convincing. I guess largely because he can’t exactly do supernatural things to show how talented he is, but real-work skills just don’t seem that impressive. Oh well. I suspect the opponents will rally and win this set for added drama.
The Promised Neverland 170: This whole arc continues to feel like a stumble. Ratri getting out with that many guns pointed at him just seems dumb. And I don’t think he’s going to be a convincing endgame boss at this point. Mama betraying him and taking over sooner would make more sense.
Guardian of the Witch 6: still very generic. I feel like most of the good series at the moment would have covered this in about 2 pages.
Samurai 8 41: I guess it’s kinda nice for Nanashi to come back, though it’s totally out of nowhere. But then, so is whatever Hachimaru is doing now. There’s just no stakes or emotions if new random blobby powers can just appear out of nowhere…
One Punch Man (manga) 128: As usual, it’s Saitama’s parts that are really enjoyable, even if they’re only a few panels. Interesting how they made it look like Tatsumaki actually might have been overpowered if not for the distraction – a little more indication that she was holding back even in that circumstance would make more sense given how much of an impact it makes later when she’s not untouchable after all. Still, this arc is about to really get good, and I’m waiting eagerly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment