Monday 16 March 2020


One Piece 974: woo, finally back to the present day. The traitor’s admission was a bit anticlimactic and seemed a bit unnecessary, given the circumstances, but who cares? The big three of the worst generation have shown up and it’s about to get explosive – at long last!
Agravity Boys 13: I didn’t think I’d enjoy a chapter with almost no Chris, but the new science guy making all the excuses for Geralt’s bizarre behaviour still made me laugh. And of course the divine being has to start messing with these new characters too. But I’m looking forward to more Chris.
Haikyuu!! 386: Okay, we finally found what Noya is up to, and it wasn’t that interesting. He just got to be a vague symbol for freedom so that Hinata could surprise everyone by switching to setting mid-flight. Eh, I feel underwhelmed but still enjoyed that heady moment.
Chainsawman 62: The action is so fluid and so dynamic in this series. Though I have to say I’m somewhat forgetting who is who… Always good to see beam.
The Promised Neverland 171: Yeah, this continues to be pretty underwhelming stuff. There was no way to make Ratri that impressive so it’s all just crumbling. Nice to see Lewis show up again, though. Perhaps he’ll be a more effective final enemy…otherwise, I’m not sure who will fill the role. Mama?
Guardian of the Witch 7: Will this laid-back but formidable guy save this series? That would be nice, but I don’t find myself that hopeful.
Dr. Stone 143: A great way to spice up a long sea voyage – which is infamously where series like Berzerk and HunterxHunter grind to a halt. I’m looking forward to seeing how this little card game unfolds.
Samurai 8 42: This is such a load of bullshit. Discorporation and being able to talk-no-jutsu until your stats are overloaded and you can do whatever. There’s just no tension or reason to care. Boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment