Sunday 10 November 2019

Haikyuu! 372: Brazilians calling Japanese guys ‘Jackie Chan’, haha – I know for sure that happens, we had that exact situation in our capoeira group. Oddly, I kinda wanna do capoeira again and go back to Brazil after reading this. But I’m still not really on board with this whole storyline.
Chainsawman 46: Another visceral brawl. This girl seems a little overpowered. Nice effort from the minor characters, though. I’m a little sad the wolf demon thing was so ineffective.
Dr. Stone 129: I have to say, if others in the fandom hadn’t predicted this over and over, I probably would have been surprised by the return of Hyoga. Really gonna enjoy this showdown, though.
Dr. Stone Reboot: Byakuya 3: While this continues not to hold a candle to the main series, the final dance in space was a pretty beautiful moment. And it’s still an amazing achievement to simultaneously run these two series weekly.
The Promised Neverland 157: typical villain monologuing. I kind of miss when this was a cat-and-mouse series about a matron caring for and deluding genius children. I do wonder what we will learn about Musica, though.
Samurai 8 26: still my least favourite of the manga I read. There doesn’t feel like there’s any real threat to the main characters and the betrayal doesn’t sting because it’s no surprise. Meh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment