Saturday 11 May 2019


One Piece 942: I didn’t care about Yasuie, but that was a great, memorable speech and a shrewd move from him. The surreal element of the smiles around him definitely gave an element of intrigue to the situation. This is another very tangled set-up for an arc but I feel like this one will work out brilliantly.
Dr. Stone 104: They’re carrying some crazy equipment along, but the way they used science to find a trail to follow was quite satisfying. Now we’re seeing some new characters…
The Promised Neverland 134: eh, I have to say this current hallucinogenic segment is making me the least engaged in TPN I’ve ever been. Hope they get out of it soon.
Yotsubato! 100 pt.1 and 2: goddammit, this manga continues to be so ridiculously good while being so mundane. They went to look for rocks, but it was so entertaining and wholesome. I love it so much. And Miura is just so very cute.
Haikyuu! 348: They’re showing Hinata’s shortcomings here – I sense that means he’s going to level up soon. Haikyuu tends to push free of the most silly shounen clichés but it still falls back on them quite a lot, and I’m expecting this to be one of those times.
Chainsawman 21: ewww, this was a really gross chapter. And what the hell, I can’t believe this is in Jump. Boozing, puking, now sexy stuff? As a way to contrast with all the blood and guts? Normally I find this title really refreshing for pushing boundaries but this was too nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment