Thursday 2 May 2019


One Piece 941: It’s quite hard to keep track of these different faction leaders new to the series this arc, even though they’re all individually very memorable when the focus is on them. It is beginning to feel a bit needlessly complicated.
Chainsawman 20: haha, back to being straightforward, which I like. Denji being only 16 is a bit weird, though. I imagined him, like, 19. But the final page got a real laugh from me. Very enjoyable.
One Punch Man (webcomic) 112: I’m so happy this is back and being updated regularly. Another very funny chapter, and Flash barging into Saitama’s life now makes this a bit more interesting. He also might actually give Saitama a challenge, which could bring about some sort of interest for him.
Samurai 8 000: this teaser of Naruto creator Kishimoto’s new series has him on pretty familiar ground. We might get some more sci-fi elements, though.
Haikyuu! 347: my favourite thing about this chapter was Tsukki’s irritated expressions. But it was nice to see the Karasuno team turning things around.
Dr. Stone 103: A twist in the tail! Much-needed, too. This has been getting a bit dry. Now we just have a small crack team vs what very much seems like the culprits behind this whole mystery – though I’m assuming they’re just going to be using the technology rather than understanding how it works.
The Promised Neverland 133: as expected, this has all become hallucinogenic. Not sure I like it. The series has always done things in a very grounded way and I’m not convinced there will be a good explanation for all this in that vein. 
D. Gray-Man 232: so many years later, this backstory is unfolding. I feel like we should have had it so long ago. It’s good stuff, but I don’t think much of the original audience is still around…

No comments:

Post a Comment