Monday 31 December 2018


One Punch Man 100.2: eh, I think it would have been better to just end this fight with the climax of the last chapter or have the suit coming off as a consequence. Much as I like Child Emperor and good as it was to see him out of his mech again, it was an anticlimactic end to what had become an impressive fight. At least the general fandom likes the kid way more now.
One Piece 929: Mostly an exposition chapter, with a bit more fleshing out of secondary antagonist Orochi. Not that engaged by the guys coming after Sanji and Law.
Dr. Stone 89: I didn’t think I would, but I enjoyed this chapter a lot, mostly because of Chrome. Going from cute and enamoured to jealous and belligerent to being a bro – all in one mini-adventure. The adventure itself was a bit artificial and abrupt but the characters carried the chapter and made it a lot of fun.
The Promised Neverland 118: Of course! I should have seen that coming, but I didn’t. Obviously Norman wasn’t dead, but I didn’t think he’d be coming back to the story in this way. And what a great place he’s managed to construct around him. I’m just hoping he doesn’t end up being a baddy now.
Boruto 30: the art is still very nice every chapter, Boruto himself looking super-cute this time around. Not sure about rocket booster legs in this kind of series, and this sidekick girl definitely doesn’t fill me with excitement for a great fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment