Sunday 24 May 2020


Boruto 44-46: Really? Space aliens? I didn’t realize I’d missed two months of Boruto, but I’m not exactly desperate to check it out. And now that I have, urgh, it’s not that I wish I hadn’t, but I can’t get past the fact that they’re revealing that the antagonists here are evil aliens from space. Because without that, if they were just regular baddies who were sucking out all the chakra of the world for their own purposes, that would have been fine. Other than this one detail, this wasn’t a particularly bad scenario. I even like how we had a betrayal and the guy making all these ninja devices defecting, if I didn’t particularly like his hostage-taking. I like his design and how ordinary he looks. I’m kind of interested in how his robot uses techniques like Jiraiya’s. But I just can’t get over the space aliens angle. The Naruto universe just isn’t goofy like Dragon Ball’s. And I guess it’s a bit of a microcosm for Boruto in general. There are plenty of things done right by the spin-off, but it’s always outweighed by the big, glaring problems it always puts right in the middle of everything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment