Sunday 1 December 2019


One Punch Man (manga) 122: Yay! More Child Emperor action. And he’s not going to come out of this well. And then a good summary of what S-class means straight out of the webcomic. I wish OPM came out more frequently, but then, the art quality of course takes time.
One Piece 964: Awww another break already? Still, this got more fun now that Wano is left behind and instead we’re focusing on Whitebeard’s crew. He got some good faces in. Oden is basically just another Luffy, which isn’t that exciting. But I definitely hope we see more of ‘Gold’ (not Gol D. this chapter) and the smol versions of Shanks and Buggy.
Chainsawman 49: Hilarious chapter! Was the whole thing set up just as a reference to Sharknado? Denji utterly failing to utilize his power in a sensible way was great and this whole crew is now pretty interesting. I guess the sword guy, whose name I’ve forgotten, wasn’t even close to just sorting everything out himself after his new contract, though.
Haikyuu!! 375: Nooo, I don’t want Hinata to be 171cm, I don’t care about this guy he’s teamed up with and I don’t like this arc at allllll. Seeing Kenma’s future was quite fun though. Wonder what Nishinoya and Tsukishima are doing.  
Dr. Stone 131: This actually came across as a bit messy and overly coincidental, and of course it has always been just a little silly how ridiculously superhuman the combat is in this ostensibly very grounded title.
Samurai 8 29: I’m still trying to care about this. But I don’t. These revelations don’t come on the back of making us care about the characters. Nothing but indifference from me.
Boruto 40: while this adversary similarly lacks development, and would have been much better if we cared about him or the threat he represents, he’s at least clearly formidable and allows our little team of heroes to shine. I’m actually quite interested in how they fare, though Boruto has several times now presented interesting set-ups and disappointing conclusions. And I still don’t like how they’ve made the old heroes, once so absurdly strong, seem unimpressive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment