Monday 1 July 2019


One Piece 947: whirlwind chapter. I'm not sure what's going on with Big Mom now, if this was a genuine knockout/her rouse to get to Kaido/exhaustion catching up, but I didn't like her basically being ushered offstage, even if it puts Luffy in a strong position.
Haikyuu! 355: I don't like this imitation shrimp! The real shrimp is much cuter. Hinata's shocked face was cute and it looks like he'll pull off something amazing next chapter. Or it could get undermined but that seems unlikely with this set-up.
Chainsawman 28: I kind of lost track of which was the good girl and which was the bad girl (despite being clearly delineated by hair colour. Probably I could have concentrated harder but Chainsawman has lost me a bit. Collapsing all the main characters into one place makes sense plotwise but seems too contrived.
The Promised Neverland 140: Well, at least the art was beautiful here. But I’m sick of the pseudoscience bullshit in what was once a very promising, cerebral manga. Hopefully we get out of this arc soon.
Dr. Stone 111: Nice colour chapters to celebrate the anime. Haven’t felt much of an urge to watch it, or the Promised Neverland adaptation – the manga will do nicely for now. Maybe in a few years when it’s nostalgic I’ll watch. But in this chapter, we got a few good laughs, and I’m all for cross-dressing Ginro, haha. I would at least like to see him animated!

No comments:

Post a Comment