Sunday 14 July 2019


Haikyuu! 357: ohhhh that Tsukki! Lol! What a great way to close out the set, and what a classic face. I fear this may come back to haunt him, though.
Dr. Stone 113: this was fun, figuring out what they meant from a message in symbols. It was obvious what it was as soon as we got ‘Pura’, though. Not that I got the ‘atta’ at the end. Ginro was funny here with his flashback too.
Chainsawman 30: I feel like this series is back on track. I like this for training a lot more than most shounen’s long arcs about mastering a secret technique or whatever. I’m expecting this attempt to be smart will be hilarious, too – and simply having that expectation means this manga is doing good things with its characterisation.
One Punch Man (manga) 112: as expected, Homeless Emperor looks pretty awesome. The momentum should build from here, now the most formidable enemies of the arc are getting introduced.
The Promised Neverland 142: the far-past flashback was not very interesting. I’m glad it’s over. But now I’m interested to see what the cost of this demand will be.  
Samurai 8 10: I was totally bored for the bulk of the chapter, and I hate introducing a supposedly super-duper strong guy only to be fodder moments later just to ineffectively hype up your bad guy. But throwing all the characters together with this new enemy and already showing the father’s mystery, which was until now a hidden hand – that makes this more interesting all of a sudden.

No comments:

Post a Comment