Sunday 3 March 2019


Haikyuu! 340: a bit of the wind taken out of poor Hinata’s sails, though he still did it first for maximum impact! And then the real obstacle is revealed, a high-level read-blocker. How will our intrepid team deal with this? Dun dun daaaaaa~
Kuroshitsuji 149: again I’m struck by the beautiful art, especially the backgrounds. Yuck, though – kidney pie. That’s one dish I’m glad is fading from British cuisine, along with liver and onions. This revelation of the reliance on blood is quite new and very vampire-derived. And the other Ciel’s motives and feelings remain very ambiguous. Not sure where this’ll go.
Dr. Stone 96: It was a bit of a jump in logic for me for Senku to hear ‘Why?’ and assume it was a reaction to their presence and that they’re facing an antagonist. We’ll see, though. The explanation of how quartz is used in a cathode ray tube is also a bit off, and I think they could’ve jumped strait to making sonar. Still, the energy and exuberance of the art this chapter was a joy and I’m looking forward to an anime adaptation making this more popular, just like…
The Promised Neverland 125: makes sense to ally with a group of exiles. The enemy of my enemy… But I’m sure things won’t go as smoothly as they hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment