Saturday 22 February 2020


One Punch Man (manga) 127: King is absolutely one of the most enjoyable characters to watch in anything I read – equal to Buggy, who basically enjoys the same superpower of luck and everyone around him misunderstanding what he does. I like how Psychos’ confrontation with Tatsumaki is being extended, even if I want to get to the climax of the arc pretty soon. Saitama didn’t do much in this chapter but it was highly enjoyable nonetheless.
One Piece 972: I … don’t really know what’s going on with the guest artist for the frontispiece, but I kinda like it. Especially Chopper! The flashback is finally over, and there was just enough of the moving signature Oda stuff to keep it fascinating all the way through. The little mini flashbacks within flashbacks of each loyal soldier remembering his introduction to Oden was sweet. But I really am looking forward to getting back to the present day.
Agravity Boys 10: I almost feel like the series is prematurely jumping the shark by introducing new characters already, but seeing guys react to Chris is always funny. I don’t know if this is about to get very dubious and homophobic but so far I’m still very amused.
Chainsawman 59: again, pushing what should really be in Jump. But I’m interested in how they’ll deal with these latest attacks. And how important the ‘immortal’ guy will be going forward.
Dr. Stone 140:  Ohhh the return of an interesting character next time – and essentially the whole objective of this fetch quest. I don’t know if this rocket to the moon is feasible but perhaps there’s another way to surprise us with something similar, like the car and drone and so on. Either way, still enjoying this ride. Not sure they can’t just ignore the voice from space, though. Doesn’t seem like it really and truly needs to be addressed, since they only hear it when they tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment