Wednesday 29 January 2020


One Piece 969: Eh, there was nice art and I suppose this tale does need to be told to its logical conclusion, but I didn’t find this particularly interesting. Nice imagery, though – Oda’s still having fun with the old classic iconography of jidaigeki…
Chainsawman 55: Denji’s as funny as ever. And this identity theft angle is pretty interesting. Looking forward to it getting built up to the usual frenzy soon…
Haikyuu! 381: Adults or not, graduates or not, weirdly not mentioning a few of their old friends or not, the idea of Hinata beating or very nearly beating Kageyama is one of the big potential payoffs of this series. And though I don’t particularly care about them, I did enjoy the little drama between the Miya twins in today’s flashback.
Dr. Stone 136: Excellent chapter! When the initial plan didn’t work, I thought that the backup option would be a disappointment, but it was actually very clever and this looks to be a great way to foil the series’ most obviously evil bad guy thus far.
The Promised Neverland 165: Hmm, I feel like Mama should be a bit more devious here. Just continuing to act benevolent has so many potential advantages should things go wrong for her. But I guess that would be a plot complication. Ah well. This should be an entertaining showdown.
Samurai 8 35: Urgh, this is terrible. I feel like Kishimoto just read about Schrodinger’s Cat and decided to shoehorn in a reference while the main characters talk to their universe’s creator for a whole chapter. Very generic, very wordy, very uninspired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment