Monday 14 May 2018


One Piece 904: fun new characters were introduced. And I wasn’t the only one to comment that it seems like Oda played some League before designing these ones. One is a whole lot like Swain, especially pre-rework. One is like an amalgam of Ziggs and Heimerdinger (or Tinker from DOTA). One is a generic female character with something of a Miss Fortune air. And one is that odd gay stereotype from anime in a body that looks not unlike Gragas (this one’s the most tenuous).
Haikyuu! 301: I think we all saw this one coming for Kenma. Still, some nice fluid action for another few points in this first set. I have a feeling Nekoma will take it to ramp up the drama.
Yotsubato! 97-101 : Ahhh I missed a bunch of chapters, and only remembered because I saw the new tankobon collection. Yotsuba had a lot of fun in Tokyo, and met her aunt. The last encounter with the ‘aliens’ was great. Her wonderment at a buffet was also super-cute.
Dr. Stone 57: not sure on the science of this, but at least they addressed the issue of needing to heat the tungsten to use it. Not convinced their method would work, or that they were right about the use of glass in melting down metals, but it works just fine for the story.
Boruto 23: This series has generally surprised me by being better than I expected, but this time that wasn’t really the case. The arc ended with a whimper. ‘I’ll let you go this time, mwahaha!’ That’s rarely going to be convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment