Monday 25 February 2013

Naruto 621 was a bit disappointing, when I thought this flashback would be excellent. The scale of the battle got far too silly, with lots of mountains getting sliced with an art style that just barely manages to stay more cool than the worst excesses of Dragonball Z (though I did like the many-armed Buddha, something that would have been more at home in HunterxHunter), and then segued to what looks like it’ll be a very by-the-numbers childhood flashback I can’t say I care much about.

One Piece 699 had some amusing lowbrow pervy humour, some big chess
pieces moving about the board, and nice moments with Aokiji. The
transition between arcs has been very swift and - all credit to Oda,
as it's not something he often achieves - has kept me hungry for more.
I wonder if something huge is planned for the 700th chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment