Thursday 29 September 2011

HunterXHunter 318 began with a rather mawkish embellishment on last week’s excellent chapter, which I felt was unneeded and detracted from, rather than enhanced, the powerful idea.

Naruto 557 featured a ninja art that involved making a clone blow up to a huge cloud of water vapour with a face. Luckily, Gaara could protect everyone with a huge stand statue looking like a loved one. Kishimoto is too far gone now to know what is cool and what is totally lame. Or so it would seem.

No One Piece this week, so I caught up on a little bit of Fairy Tail – I’m still on vol 24, as I haven’t been keeping up for months, but the end of the Edolas arc is full of great emotional moments. I love Natsu’s instant willingness to play the villain for the sake of another. Great end for Mistgun, too. I should get back to watching the anime…

It was also the cheapest way to have an emotional scene of characters reunited with a sister they thought dead (AND a tearful goodbye) I can really think of, yet somehow it worked.

On the other hand…’We needed to give the mission of hunting dragonslayers for “cover”’ was a bit far-fetched…

No comments:

Post a Comment