Sunday 28 August 2011

Instead, there is manga. Chief amongst which is new HunterXHunter, chapter 313. It feels as thought Togashi is bringing this arc to an abrupt end very soon, which is a shame because after all it has taken so many years to write, but despite that very little happened in this chapter. Maybe the new anime adaptation will revitalise him. I can only hope so. I’m too emotionally invested in Gon for all the mysterious backstory about his father never to end up with good closure.

Catching up with Fairy Tail, which has been repetitive throughout the Edoras arc, but is still a lot of fun. Just…better in small doses. I suppose I should really continue the anime, which has gotten remarkably far through the manga material now.

Read the latest Bakuman last night, too – chapter 144. I would have preferred our heroes figuring out what is going on to just being shown, but at least it gets things moving. I don’t know where this is going, but we’ve had the message of ‘one or two creative minds doing something they believe in always outdoes hollow committee-created writing’ hammered into us now, so I’m unsure what this new iteration will offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment